A Role Play based on the anime Attack On Titan

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
The forum is currently dead. Revival depends on the main admins, who are currently completely out of reach. - William
Account Switch
Switch Accounts

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Short Story
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Titan in over 100 years. Until that day.....
Click pictureaot
Manga
Here are some helpful links if you want to read the manga.

Live Action Movie 2015-08

Share | 

Shimura Works RP (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Scouting Legion

PostSubject: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Mitsuo wiped his face with a dirty cloth. His unclothed torso was drenched in sweat. He was tinkering with a 3DMG in the Back Room of the shop. It was a nice day but he had a lot of work to do. He still had to make Auth his surprise with the Anti Human MG. He paused and stood up straight,  letting out a heavy sigh.

The shop was a one story building. The entrance room was the main area, it had shelves stacked with spare parts. there were quite a few 3DMGs hung up on the walls for sale. A few blueprint papers, blank or not, were shoved in baskets that lined the counter. The counter had a few blueprints scattered along it and supported a simple cash register. A door behind the counter had a sign on it that read: "Back Room, Staff Only!"

The Back Room had two desks next to each other against the wall opposite to the door with a simple chair in front of them. The desk were covered in a lot of blueprints. Above the desks was a pin-board that, again, had a lot of blueprints pinned to it. The was a big, square carpenter's work desk. This supported a few blueprints and what Mitsuo was working on which looked like a giant, metal hand and forearm. Behind the Back Room's door was a giant, metal foot and lower leg so when the door was open you could not see it from the door way.

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Military Police

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 am

The sun shone brightly upon Alan who was heading towards the shop. Alan was not very fond of it. He personally preferred rain, which he found somewhat mesmerizing. The fact that such an essential life essence that was scarce in some places just happened to fall from the skies always made Alan wonder about the outside world. If liquid life could fall from the sky, why couldn't food, or medicine, or hope?
Alan shook his head to regain focus. He was here for official business, and he couldn't let his mind detour. He stopped outside the sign before he entered. "Shimura..." he looked at the sign, a look of deep thought on his face "I am fairly certain I've heard that name before."
He entered the shop, and heard the little bell ring. He stopped to look in awe at all the scraps lining the shop. Such raw potential was enough to capture the imagination of any thoughtful man.
"H-hello?" Alan called out, still looking around at the various scraps lining the shelves "I am here on official military business."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 am

Mitsuo heard the bell ring, stopping what he was doing and puttin his shirt back on. He then heard the voice call out. "Just a minute!" he replied. He left the top button of his shirt undone as he walked out to stand behind the counter. "How may I help you?" he asked resting his elbows the counter. "What military business includes my shop, would be a better question..." he chuckled.

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:41 am

"Oh you see" Alan started as he turned towards the voice "I am-"
He noticed the person at the counter was none other than Mitsuo. Alan figured that's where he remembered the name Shimura from. This was probably Mitsuo's workshop right here.
"Hey there, Mitsuo" said Alan, smiling and saluting him "Your place is lovely."
He walked up to the counter, holding a bunch of blueprints bearing the seal of the Military HQ.
"I was sent here to deliver these blueprints of a new and improved 3DMG that the Military has been testing. " Alan said, as he spread the blueprints on the counter in front of Mitsuo "As you can see, these designs indicate the gear to have a slightly different structure, allowing less mass and therefore higher speeds, at the cost of limited blades and gas. I was sent by my superiors to ask if you could perhaps help us build a prototype of this, and test it out."
Alan was surprisingly adept at reading blueprints, considering he didn't receive formal education most of his life. However, his curious nature and overall high intelligence allowed him to quickly catch up.
Alan took a step back to admire the blueprints "I gotta admit - this design is pretty amazing. It would allow Garrison soldiers who need less gas than most to shine when it comes to defending from the titans. Could you imagine how many lives could be saved with a lighter and faster version of the gear?" he asked, eyes gleaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:01 am

Mitsuo nodded. "About the 'nice place you got here'.... this is actually my dad's shop," he admitted. "And I would not mind creating a lighter and faster gear," he smiled. "I tinker with 3DMGs a lot anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal," he pointed to the 3DMGs on the walls. Mitsuo then opened a blueprint, looked at it and rolled it back up to place it under the counter. "Is that all? Anything else?" he politely asked, "feel free to stay if you want.... if you don't have MP business that is."

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:12 am

Alan stared at the 3DMGs on the walls, his curiosity showing even through his always-surprised-looking eyebrows. Whether it's his dad's shop or not, Mitsuo sure knows his stuff he noted. He looked back at Mistuo, and replied.
"I don't have any more missions for today." Alan said, with a hint of pride in his voice "So I guess I could stay for a while."
He looked around the shop for a bit, looking deep in thought. He then turned back to Mitsuo.
"I've had this... idea for a while now" he said to the mechanic, his eyes gleaming a bit "You know how us soldiers use blades? Isn't that sort of.... inefficient?" he asked, grabbing a blade from one of the DMGs on the wall and examining it.
"Titans are killed by receiving a cut to a very specific area of the nape, as you know" he stated, as he checked the sharpness of the blade "But using these things the soldier must get very, very close to the nape in order to deal damage... and by doing that get really close to a titan."
He put the blade on the table in front of Mitsuo, and looked up.
"Is there no way to make a safer long-range weapon with a similar concept of piercing the nape? You know, something like a harpoon."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:40 am

Mitsuo nodded. "I have thought that," he held his chin in thought, " I've also thought why don't they use the Anti Human MGs? Bullets surely would kill Titans as well, no?" He shrugged, "oh well. I might get round to doing a ranged 3DMG sooner or later." 'Ranged 3DMG... R3DMG... not a bad idea,' he mentally admitted. "Of course I have a lot of work going on already," he stated. He looked around the shop before back at Alan, "is there a certain date the stealth 3DMGs are needed by?"

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:53 am

Alan thought about what Mitsuo said, and thoroughly.
Anti-Human 3DMGs... I think I can understand why such a thing is not used Alan remarked in his head With all the talk of shifters of late, surely giving someone a set of anti-human killing machines may not be a great idea. Not now, at least.
Alan snapped back to reality when Mitsuo asked about the altered 3DMGs. He found the term stealth-3DMG rather funny, but also truly fitting.
"I was not told of any particular date the 3DMGs are needed by" Alan confessed "But I assume we don't need them anytime soon, considering they're just in development now."
He looked at Mitsuo for a sec. It was clear he was a man that dreamed big. Big, wonderful ideas and concepts filled his head, and unlike many, he had the ability to truly create them.
"I'd love to see some of your works." Alan suddenly said, a bit shyly "I mean, projects you worked on, or concepts you have, or whatever. If it's not too much to ask, that is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:03 am

Mitsuo smirked. "I have a really big work in progress," he paused and thought for a moment, "I planned on keeping it a secret, I mean I kept it so secretive that I didn't tell my father," he admitted. "But I guess I could let you see it... seeing as you seem to be a big dreamer like me," he smiled. Mitsuo opened the counter door for Alan before walking back into the Back Room and taking a blueprint off of the pin-board.

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21 am

Alan was surprised, but happy that Mitsuo trusted him enough to let in him on his big project. He knew Mitsuo was always wary, so he must really trust him to let him in. His smile was even more startling. It was such a change from his usual expressionless face, that it made his smile all the more heartwarming. Alan passed by the counter door and followed Mitsuo to the Back Room. As he entered, the smell of raw oil and sweat filled his nostrils. The room smelled of hard work, and it showed just as much. Parts of a 3DMG lay on the ground, but Alan barely gave them but a glance. He was looking at Mitsuo, who grabbed a blueprint off the pin-board. It looked pretty big and complex, but Alan couldn't make it out from such a distance. He slowly walked up to Mitsuo in order to decipher the blueprints better. It was filled with tiny details, but it appeared so complex and intricate that Alan couldn't tell what it was supposed to be at a glance.
"What is it?" he asked in the respectful quiet of admiration, examining the little details all across the blueprints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:16 am

Mitsuo put the blueprint down on the desk in front of him. "This," he a goofy grin crawled on his face, "is the blueprints for the Iron Maiden!" He looked at the blueprints before turning around to Alan, "and it will change the war against Titans!" He walked past Alan and over to the door. He lifted up the giant mech leg that stands behind it and put it on the work table. "Also this giant metal leg and this giant metal arm that you were so oblivious to see is the start of it." He gestured to the Metal Titan's parts in front of him, "Ta da!"

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:14 am

"The.... Iron..... Maiden...." Alan repeated slowly after Mitsuo, looking around the room at the metal leg and the metal arm. He walked closer to the arm, knelt down and examined it. The craftsmanship was delicate but intricate. It was truly looking like a masterpiece.
An Iron shell for fighting the titans.... Alan analyzed in his head, astounded That's basically like carrying the walls around you to battle. Offering protection for the soldier, speed and an easier time killing the titans, it would prove an immense weapon. Also, if I am correct, titans are drawn to humans by sight, and not by smell or sound, meaning the user could have an easier time approaching the titans before being identified as a human... and even if they are, what can the titans do? Bite and scratch at the iron and steel?
Alan took a few steps back and sat on the ground, real amazement showing on his face.
"This will be incredibly powerful..." he managed to say after a while "...And incredibly dangerous. You understand anyone with a weapon like this could level entire villages if he wanted to, right?" he asked, looking at Mitsuo. He stood up and walked to him.
"Look, I am no man to lecture anyone else about taking justice into their own hands, but this thing would be a ticking time bomb with all the shifters around...... which is why you kept it secret." Alan realized, looking at the parts again.
"This.... this is truly incredible." he finally said "You are creating something that's more than a weapon, more than humanity's future... you are creating hope."
Alan looked at Mitsuo, and suddenly saluted him.
"I am but a lowly Military Police patrolsman, but I swear on my honour as a soldier that I will help fund this amazing creation once I rise through the ranks and earn some wealth." he swore proudly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:55 am

Mitsuo froze. "Creating... hope," he chuckled, "Never thought of it like that." He looked at his project, 'what he says is true... but would I be able to handle the fame that comes with it?' Mitsuo looked back at Alan, "I don't think it'll be that big of a deal... it's only a robot," he shrugged. He didn't want it to be a big of a deal, like he said it was only a robot. A robot that will change the war, yes, but still only a robot. "You don't have to fund it," he tried changing the subject, "I will be able to manage."

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:59 am

Alan shrugged when Mitsuo said it was only a robot.
"We're serving humanity's most important duty, and the technology we wield launches harpoons from giant heavy machines on our legs. Compared to that, a robot is like 500 soldiers combined."
Alan thought for a bit when Mitsuo said he didn't need help funding it, and then he smirked.
"Oh, I doubt you'll manage. Considering you're building this without your father's oversight, the amount of funds you have access to is presumably low. Even by taking oddjobs and the payment you get from the military, it would still take you a LONG, long time to fund something like this. I know the Survey Corps funding isn't great. Ever since I joined the Military Police, I've been given monthly more than my family had growing up. I'd be glad to help, and glad to keep my mouth shut."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:20 am

Mitsuo nodded. Alan was right and he knew it. "Fine," he sighed, "but if a single word gets out..." he trailed off, he didn't have to threaten his friend. "To complete these it took about.... three weeks each?" He laid his hands upon the arm and leg. He zoned out in thought but still consciously talked, "I just hope it works... I know it is Mark One but still... it would be nice if it worked first try for once." He rubbed his forehead, "I'm probably boring you now."

Last edited by Mitsuo Shimura on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:34 am

"Oh, of course not." Alan quickly replied "I am just glad to witness your thinking process. People have a very interesting pattern to them." he smiled. While he rarely liked to analyze different people, he found it fascinating to see the thought cycle of a man of intellect such as Mitsuo. "I'd love to see it ready." Alan said, looking at the parts with a shine in his eyes.
"Well, I'd stop disturbing you now." he finally said, after realizing he was probably working on something until he came over.
"If you don't mind, I would love to come in a week or so to check up on your progress. It's pretty exciting, I must admit" Alan said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 am

Mitsuo nodded, "Sure, I don't mind. You weren't disturbing me by the way but if you want to take your leave that is fine." He thought for a minute, "better come back out to the counter as well I suppose." He smiled back to the Unicorn. He was happy that he could be in the shop today. It was one of the few places that he felt secure in. Mitsuo thought back a yawn and stretched.

Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am

Alan walked out through the counter, once again admiring all the creations of Mitsuo and his father.
Perhaps, if my circumstances were different, I would've ended up like Mitsuo here. The accessibility of knowledge is truly one of the most powerful things for a man. It's because of things like that, that we're so different from the titans, that we find them so terrifying and so incomprehensible Alan thought to himself as he walked by the shelves. He turned to Mitsuo before leaving, and saluted him with a smile.
"Alan Kaltewande, Military Police. Mission complete." he said, and then stepped out back onto the the streets.
My life isn't written in stone he answered to himself I have time to change, to become a better, stronger and smarter person. I may not be like Mitsuo, but I've grown up in my own unique way, and it made me who I am today. I cannot change that. I must embrace it and keep going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:38 am

Mitsuo walked out, following Alan. He walked through the counter door and shut it behind him. He saluted back at the Unicorn and hopped to sit down on top of the counter. He looked around the shop and smiled. 'It's a small place,' he thought, 'but I'm glad I can call it my second home.' He finally let out the yawn now that no one was around. "I think I'll take a break from the project for now," he told himself.

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:39 am

Cora decided on visiting Mitsuo. She hadn't seen him for some time and a lot of things in her life had changed. For example, she was an Alpha now. Not just one she was THE Alpha of the Pack. The old one was still living and gave her tipps and helped her in general. Cora was a good fighter but not as good at organizing.

She looked at her companions. She chose four soldiers to stay with her and learn from her. Everyone of them was capable of leading a small group of soldiers and able to use the 3DMG. Cora walked up to one door leading into Shimura Works. Mitsuo didn't know that she would come to visit him.

"Stay were you are. You know what to do.", she said without looking at her companions.
Cora opened the counter door and saw Mitsuo. She came closer and hugged him tightly.
"Hey Mitsuo! How are you doing?", she asked him without letting him go yet.
"Nec and Vex also want to say hello.", she whispered and let him go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Katlewande

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 am

As Alan made his way back to the Military Police headquarters, he thought he saw a familiar face surrounded by men he did not recognize. Indeed, it appeared that Cora was heading in the direction he was coming from, presumably to meet up with Mitsuo.
He lowered his head and walked by, trying to blend in with the crowd. He hoped she won't notice him. It appeared he was successful when she walked past him with her comrades, and didn't say anything. After she was a safe distance away, Alan turned and looked at her with sadness in his eyes.
He hadn't faced her since the ruling in court. He wasn't capable of doing so. Every time he remembered her, or looked at her, his body was filled with a sickening feeling, and he felt great shame. What he did to her that day, the way he demanded that she'll be treated, it was nothing short of betrayal. He truly cared for her, and still does, but by doing what he thought was best he essentially hurt her. Such is the way of those who take justice into their own hands he scolded himself, as he kept walking to the Military Police headquarters.
He wanted to make it up for her, to be able to hang out with her again, but what was he going to say? That he did what he thought was best? That he considered her multiple personalities an illness? That instead of testifying in her defense, he asked the judge to do to her something she clearly feared?
Alan kicked a pebble on the road. It flew in a small arc and ended up inside the sewer gutter.
Alan couldn't ask her to forgive him. He couldn't even forgive himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 am

Mitsuo was surprised that Cora had just walked into his shop. He was even more surprised when she hugged him. Her hug caused him to blush a little. "Hey! Long time no see! I've been keeping well, I hope you have too," he spoke, trying to keep his voice stable. "Nec and Vex...? Oh they must be-" he stopped himself, he looked at Cora hesitantly before smiling, "So how are you?" Mitsuo hopped off the counter and stood up straight.

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 am

Cora grinned at Mitsuo. She was glad she saw him again and she was even more glad that he still liked her after he found out about Nec and Vex.

She shrugged her shoulders as he asked her.
"Could say the same here. I'm now the Alpha of the Pack...the old one is teaching me how to lead an organisation and I have to get the old ones to obey me. They don't like seeing a woman as an Alpha."

She sighed, Cora wanted to sleep and find some more time for herself or time to be with her friends. It was just exhausting if you had to constantly look after so many people.
"How am I? I'm tired, just tired. I havn't slept for about 50 hours straight and can almost never find time for myself...if I'm honest...I just want to sleep. Right here...on the floor or something.", she looked outside. You could see her companions.

"I will have to find a way to organize everything. No really...this is just too much. I will probably let all of my Betas do the organizing and leading and stuff, you know. Things...", she grinned. Cora wanted to hug him again. Just for standing by her side in the trial and for still accepting her as a normal person after he had found out about Nec and Vex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuo Shimura

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:01 am

Mitsuo chuckled. "Well, sleep is important," he stated, "if you ever need any help I'm always here as well, so you know." He glanced around the shop. "So, er," words stuck to his tongue, "this is where I do all my.... mechanical business.... I guess." He gestured around the shop, "It's not much but... it's enough."

He looked at Cora, 'maybe this would be a good time to tell her.' He silently debated if he should confess his feelings towards her or not. He wanted to always be with her, so he knows that she is safe. He shook his head a little to stop these thoughts for now. "So, how well can I trust you?" He asked slyly.

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Cora looked around the shop. It was smaller than she had imagined.
"You know Mitsuo I'm a bit disappointed. I thought there would some bad ass huge machines or something!", she grinned to show him that she didn't mean it as she said.

"How well you can trust me? Pretty well I would say. You know that mercenary buisness relies on people not saying anything. I am the most trustworthy person!", she said happily and smiled again.
She was indeed very trustworthy. Nec also but Vex was just a bit dumb. But she had never told anyone anything they didn't want them to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shimura Works RP (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Shimura Works RP (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next